Blogmas #22 ⛄ People I'm Thinking Of This Christmas

I have talked a lot on my blog about how spread out my family is, from Canada to England to Ireland, not to mention my friends, who live in every corner of the Earth! This means I am always missing someone no matter where I go.  This Christmas, I am so lucky to get to spend time with my Mom and Aunt Julia in Canada, and I am really excited about it!  But at the same time, I know there are lots of people that I am going to be missing and sad not to be seeing.  Although it's difficult to try to name everyone who means so much to me, I want to dedicate this blogmas post to those people, to let them know that I will be thinking about them, that I love them and hoping they are having wonderful Christmas holidays.  

My Dad
Of course, I had to start with my Dad.  I shall be missing his cooking - especially his boxing day ham!  I'll miss going on dog walks with him.  I'll miss his casual comments and helpful advice about what I'm practising.  I might even miss his famous stresses over technology failures (although this one not so much)!  I'll be thinking of him a lot, missing him and wishing him a lovely Christmas.

My Aunts, Erica and Pam
For my two gorgeous, caring, kind, loving Aunts, who will be spending Christmas together, although far away from us, in Brighton.  I miss you both very much. I hope that one day we can all spend Christmas together, maybe somewhere sunny!  But for now, it makes me happy that you two will be together, with my two beautiful cousins of course, and I wish you all a wonderful time with lots of delicious food and fun and laughter.  Know that I will be thinking of you.

My Grampa
Far away, on the remote west coast of Ireland, my last grandparent will be celebrating his Christmas.  I don't know what he will be doing, if he will even celebrate at all.  I don't know if he is happy or if he is well.  But I will be thinking of him, and my precious memories of Christmas with him when I was a child.

Jacob and His Family
I know that, although every single day is difficult and dealing with such a tragic loss never gets easier or more bearable, days like Christmas are especially hard.   I will be thinking, as I always do, of Jacob, of his happiness and excitement for life.  I will be listening to his beautiful recordings of the Goldberg Variations again, looking at old photos again, because I never want to forget him.  And I will be thinking of his parents and siblings and sending them lots of love.

William and Alice
I will definitely be thinking of my gorgeous nephew and niece in Newcastle!  Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without the magic that children bring to it.  I wish I could see their faces on Christmas day, be part of their excitement on Christmas eve!  But I send them all my love and hope they have a wonderful time, and that my sister copes with all of the Christmas madness! 

Nick and Louise
Also in Newcastle will be my brother and sister.  I wish I got to see them more often and be a bigger part of their lives, but they mean a huge amount to me and I can't wait to see them next.  I wish them a very happy Christmas and shall think of them on Christmas day with the little ones.

My Best Friends
I have a handful of wonderful friends - people that I admire, that I love, who inspire me and make me happy.  Although they all live so far away and I don't get to see them very often, I think about them and talk about them all the time!  I will be thinking of them all this Christmas.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Labels: