Vintage Finds

As I have mentioned in several of my blog posts, I am a huge fan of shopping in second hand shops/thrift stores, at flea markets and car-boot sales, and in vintage shops.  I have almost completely cut out shopping at any high street shops now, and I love this new shopping style! It is fun, not knowing what you might find, what gems could be lurking, it is SO much cheaper, and I feel so great when I find something that I love!  Plus there is the added bonus that you know you won't see your clothes on anyone else in the street, they are one of a kind.  Doesn't that sound better, than wearing the same thing as everybody else?!

I thought I would create a blog post, showing a few examples of pieces that I have picked up in my shopping quests, as it could inspire you do start shopping in the same way.  These are items that I love and wear day-to-day.  They are also all quite specific to spring/summer - I thought that I could do another autumn/winter post when the time comes!



I got this pretty blue dress from a vintage clothing store called 'Beyond Retro'.  This store has a huge selection of restored and real vintage clothing for males and females, and you can shop in person or online - if you know what your size dimensions are.  This dress is very light so perfect for spring, and I pared it with white tights and a vintage brown bag that I got for a few euros in a tiny vintage shop in Paris!




Being a Harry Potter fan, I couldn't resist this t-shirt, which I got for 50 cents from my local second hand shop!  It actually came from the men's section - I always check that out too in case I find anything, and although it is a bit baggy, this makes it perfect for lazy weekend days.




This polka-dot blouse is another piece I picked up at 'Beyond Retro'.  It is so easy to wear, really goes with anything, and is the sort of top that just looks like you made an effort, when you really just threw it on.  The shoes that I am wearing here are from TK MAXX, which I know is not vintage, but I still thought I would mention it, as TK MAXX is a great place to find discount clothes from all types of brands, who are selling off old season's trends.  I particularly find the shoe section to be great.




This is another very easy-to-wear dress, that I got from a small vintage shop in Brighton called 'To Be Worn Again'.  I like it because you can wear it in spring and summer but can also dress it up with tights and boots for the colder months too.




 This cute snoopy top is another one I got from my local second hand store, for 1 euro! Nothing fancy, but nice to throw on.  I also got my sunglasses for 5 pounds from Camden Market in London, which is a great place to shop vintage, with loads of amazing finds, and street sellers who are prepared to haggle.




 Saved my favourite for the end!  I absolutely love this vintage dress, which I bought from 'Beyond Retro'.  It is perfect for summer, can be casual or dressy, and I just think it is gorgeous!

Which one is your favourite?

Labels: